Wednesday, January 20, 2010

KSS Crew Challenge # 21 -- A Stitch in Time 3

It's funny how things happen. I was working on a blue flowers swap. The hydrangea set from Kitchen Sink Stamps was a perfect image. I wanted to add some faux stitching to the card, so while I was looking for the right cardstock to mount my completed image on, I found some rub-on stitches that I had forgotten I had. What an amazing find. I didn't have to use a marker; the stitches worked perfectly.

The flowers and urn are from the Hydrangea Set and the sentiment is from the Berries Set. For the flowers and leaves, I stamped in reverse order from step three to step one and then added step four. I found I that order to work best for me here. All inks used were Adirondack dye inks. For the Flowers I worked in this order--Layer 3-stonewashed, Layer 2-sail boat blue, Layer 1-cloudy blue, Layer 4-denim. For the leaves I used -- Layer 2-clover, Layer 1-juniper, and Layer 3-Bottle. The urn and butterfly were stamped  in order.
Urn--1 sandal, 2 caramel, 3 ginger, 4 rust. Butterfly--1 peach bellini, 2 caramel, 3 expresso.
I love the card base. The cardstock is from Club Scrap. I thought it gave a feeling of a stone wall behind the large hydrangea plant.

3 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Wow, Barbara, what a beauty!! Your hydrangea topiary is stunning!!

Thanks for sharing it in the Kitchen Sink Challenge!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning Barbara! The background paper is just fab for your topiary, looks like it should be hanging on a wall! Love those faux stitches. Thanks for playing along with this months Kitchen Sink Stamps Challenge.

Connie M. said...

This is just soooo beautiufl, Barbara!! LOVE the blue...one of my most fav flowers!!