Sunday, February 21, 2010

ARTchix Twinchie Art Project Challenge

I rediscovered ARTchix Studio this week. I love their products and what I especially love is that they now offer many of their products as digital downloads. I love this idea and had to order a number of things. I also checked out their blog, My ARTistic Life, for their weekly art challenge. This week the challenge is to create a project using a twinchie (two inch square piece of art). Using a portion one of my downloads, "Royal ATC Birds", I created this small wall hanging.
The image is a bit hazy, since it is a dimensional object scanned on a flatbed scanner. In real life, it is much deeper and more colorful. To create this wall hanging, I used a two inch square image of the bluebird with his crown. I added a rub-on flourish, glitter pen to the crown, and the stamped word "treasure". I mounted it in a 2 inch square Ranger Memory frame with a piece of glass in the back and a glued memory capsule on the front. Inside the capsule are small beads which move as you move the frame. It was a fun project to create. I can't wait to hang it in my room.

2 comments:

Cindy McMath said...

This looks lovely Barbara!

Cindy :)

Helga Strauss said...

Oooh how cool that you used one of the Ranger memory capsules for your twinchie hanging, Barbara! Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing in my fun art challenge! : )