Saturday, March 6, 2010

KSS Crew Challenge 23-1 Masking

March's Kitchen Sink Stamps Crew challenge was to use masking in our creations. For this piece I used my new Letters from the Past set. I stamped the pen. I had to first mask the Par Avion sticker and the stamps in order to layer them. Then all of the objects were masked to stamp the script. For the word "Memories" I used part of a longer sentiment from the Daisies set.
All inks used for this card were Adirondack inks. The pen was stamped out of order--Layer 2-stonewashed, layer 1-slate, layer 3-denim. For the stamps I used citrus for layer 1 and clover for layer 2. The par avion sticker was stamped in rust. The script was stamped with currant, my newest favorite color. The post mark and sentiment was stamped with jet black. I did go over "Memories" with the stardust gel pen so it would stand out from the background a little better. I aged the edge of the cardstock with wild honey distress ink, one of the new colors (yummmm), and I framed the stamped image using the torn frame technique from Technique Junkies.

4 comments:

Anita said...

This is beautiful.

Connie M. said...

So very pretty, Barbara!! Love your masking, and how you combined the sentiment from the daisy set!! Thanks so much for play with KSS this month!! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this masked beauty, Barbara!! Outstanding work!!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with Kitchen Sink Stamps!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful Vintage card! Thanks for playing along with the KSS Challenge.