Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 1

Linda Ledbetter in her blog, Studio L3, has started a series of technique challenges using Tim Holtz's new book, Compendium of Curiosities.  The first challenge is Water Stamping (p.35). I've decided that I will be creating a sample book with each of the challenge art pieces. This is my first page. The distress inks used are stormy sky, rusty hinge, and bundled sage. All stamps are from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz line. I used the viny flourish from the Spring Sprung set for the waterstamping. The sentiment is one of my favorites; could it be describing me?

4 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Barbara, your water-stamping is just beautiful! I love the geometric look you created, and you gave it so much dimension with the black butterflies and pattern overstamping. I'm so happy you're joining the challenge, and I truly can't wait to see what else you create!

Hugs,
Linda

Lori said...

Love the colors, and the stamping is awesome!

Rhonda said...

This is a great expression. Gorgeous piece - cheers!

Lisa Somerville said...

Your water stamping turned out wonderful! Love your sentiment and images!