Thursday, July 22, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 6--Multi-Medium Collage

This week's Compendium of Curiosities challenge was taken from page 66 of Tim Holtz's book. It's Tim's Multi-Medium Collage technique. All of the stamps, including the stitches and the sentiment, are from Tim's collection. The background paper is from the paper stack Vintage Shabby and is stamped with various Tim Holtz stamps using Adirondack dye inks. The die cut grungepaper is cut with Tim's alteration dies, Tattered Florals and Styled Labels and edged with distress inks. The key is one of Tim's word keys. I wasn't sure what direction this piece was heading in, but I like where it ended up.

9 comments:

Helen said...

I love this, fab flowers and embellies!

Netty said...

This is smashing, how wonderful to have all those T Holtz products I envy you. Brilliant work, Annette

Sue said...

This is lovely, you definitely went in the right direction x

donna said...

Very nice. I haven't played with those dies much yet and your piece is a great inspiration.

Sherry said...

What a gorgeous collage - and all things Tim! The flowers are especially fab.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Barbara, it's FABULOUS! You did a beautiful job with the Multi-Medium technique, and combined all these wonderful elements into a true work of art!

Terry said...

Love this! I have to go check and see if I don't have the stitching stamp!!! Fabulous how you put it all together so nicely!

Lori said...

I think it looks fabba dabba doo! Love it!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is spectacular! I love what you did with it! I have to try out my keyhole die. I forgot about some of them and haven't tried them yet!