Sunday, August 29, 2010

Color Throwdown Challenge 107

This week's challenge at Color Throwdown was to use the colors pretty in pink, rose red, so saffron, and pear pizzazz. This was a refreshing change from the recent rash of autumn colors challenges. Now don't get me wrong, autumn colors are favorites of mine...I just don't like to think of autumn coming since winter can't be far behind. Anyway, the colors reminded me of a spring bouquet. My background was done using the Glimmer Lace technique from the current Technique Junkies newsletter. I think it makes a pretty background and it goes so well with flowers. My focal image is from Club Scrap. I stamped it once on the background and then again on a separate piece of paper. I cut out the rectangle and colored the flowers using Creative Inspirations paint for the stems and flower soft for the flowers. A simple "Just Because" sentiment and a crystal butterfly finished it off.

1 comment:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is just great, luv your piece!