Sunday, January 2, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 25

I haven't been posting as much lately, but I'm back for the New Year.
I have two exciting announcements. I am  now a Design Team member for Artistic Outpost stamps. I am so happy since I love AO stamps so much. And I am a Guest Designer for Kitchen Sink Stamps for the month of January. The KSS stamps are also some of my favorites.
Here's today's blog image.


The Compendium of Curiosities challenge this week is Scribble Stain Distress from p. 34 of Tim's book. I thought that I would use some brighter ink for the background, so I went with Fired Brick along with Tattered Rose and Dried Marigold. The background was stamped with stamps from Tim's regal findings and slight alterations sets. The bird cage and bird were die cut. The ticket and sentiment are stamped from odds and ends. It feels good to be back doing challenges.

6 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

woooo-hoooo and big congrats!

Shirl said...

Oh Barbara, you and I both have the same thoughts for the bird... I love how you set the bird free!!!

Happy New Year!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the background - cute idea to set the birdie free! Congrats on your Guest Spot KSS and DT spot with AO!

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, I love this! Great color choices also. Congrats on your DT spots!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

I love the red!!! Grand idea, as well as the broken cage...you clever lady you! 2 new digs, you go Barb!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Barbara, huge congrats on your AO design job and KSS guest spot! They're both awesome lines, and are lucky to have you!!!

I absolutely adore your scribble stain distress card! The background is fabulous, but what I love even more is the theme-- the bird broke free from her cage and is flying off to live her dream! What a beautiful way to start the new year!

I hope your holidays were wonderful, and I love the new photo of you with those gorgeous kids! Happy 2011!