Sunday, January 30, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 29

This week the Compendium of Curiosities challenge comes from p. 50 of Tim's book. We are doing weathered wood grunge. Ever since Tim used the rickety house during the 12 Tags of Christmas, I have looked at it in a very different way. I no longer see it as only a haunted house. For this challenge I used the rickety house. I reversed the cut. It's embossed with the brick texture fade. I painted it with a white dabber and once it was sanded, I used Vintage photo distress ink. The art in the windows comes from Suze Weinberg and I used fragments over the art. The background is from Tim's paper stack.

4 comments:

Stamped Impressions said...

Love your idea used on this challenge!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the house - love the sentiment!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ooh, Barbara, I love this! The brick Texture Fade worked beautifully for the weathered wood technique, and the little Fragment faces are wonderful! The sentiment is PERFECT!!! You should definitely hang this on your studio wall. It's completely fabulous!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great job! I love the art with the fragments and the way you emphasized each word of the sentiment.