Monday, February 21, 2011

CCC33

This week the Compendium of Curiosities challenge was Altered Metal Alcohol Inks from p.56 of Tim's book. I used Tim's On the Edge Townscape to cut my metal sheet. the background is a piece of designer paper. I stamped over the paper with the large flourish 1 stamp and also a background stamp from Stamp Zia. The sentiment is from the TH collection. I adhered one of the townscape houses over the building in the sentiment stamp to coordinate with the bottom of the card. Each of the houses was colored with a different alcohol ink. I even colored the brick walk. The windows are actually transparent in real life. I used sepia accents to give them some color and gloss. I used one of Tim's keys and highlighted the "ART" of heart with pearl alcohol ink to go with the sentiment. I was in a kind of playful mood today. I sure had fun putting this card together.

14 comments:

Kristy said...

VERY cool, Barbara!!!

Deborah Mahnken said...

Really cute! I love the townscape.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is beautiful! Wonderful!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cool - the town looks great in the Alcohol inks!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great project! Never even occurred to me to cut my own metal. Thanks for the inspiration... I think I will do just that. Love the way you colored each house differently. TFS!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Very cool. I love the metal houses.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Barbara, this is one of my favorite pieces ever! I love those little houses, and what you did with them here is wonderful! Your metal altering is fabulous, and the design is completely delightful!

MarleneMAZ said...

Just fabulous! I love those metal houses:) what a great idea to use them for this challenge.

Shelann said...

Love your metal houses and the bright colors.

Suzanne Bouchard said...

Those little metal houses are so cute! lovely tag!

Jane said...

I love the metal houses - brilliant idea. I really have to run metal through my sizzix. I keep forgetting about that! I love your colors too.

Netty said...

Oh wow those houses look fab done like this, brilliant.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love the metal houses and the bright colors.
Marilyn

Candy C said...

Very cool tag! I love how you mixed your metals and the colors you used on them! Beautiful tag!