Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Grungy Monday 06

This week the Grungy Monday challenge was to revisit the technique from 12 Tags of Christmas, 2007, Day 8. Of course I made a few adjustments to create my version of the tag springtime style. Tim used the paint dabber going top to bottom to create the look of distressed wood. I went side to side to create the look of clouds and sky. Tim stampsed a tree; I stamped flowers. Time used the painted brads for ornaments; I used my painted brads for flowers. Tim added a calendar and a pair of ice skate charms. I added the fence and the flying bird charm. One oops on my tag--Tim said to be sure and rub the paint on the stamp with the dabber to avoid bumps in the paint. My dabber had become dry and I had to use my fingers to add the paint to the stamp. Guess what, I got a few bumps in the paint. Oh well, nature isn't perfect.

5 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful tag, love the added fence!

Gabrielle said...

I really like this - how you really used all the techniques! I know about the wiping the paint instead of dabbing on the stamp but I really like the bumps as they add character!!! I must get me a fence die!!!

Anonymous said...

Spring has sprung and our tag is right on.I'm really diggin the colors and love the sentenment/ Gerat job

Linda Ledbetter said...

What a beautiful work of art, Barbara! I love how you created the sky effect, and the little flowers look amazing-- what a pretty stamp. The crackled fence is great, and the sentiment is lovely!

Lynne Phelps said...

Wonderful execution of ALL the challenge techniques! Love the painty plants and brad flowers. The sky is dreamy and I love the bird charm. Having all that behind the picket fence die cut really adds a sense of depth! I so wish I could carve out time for these Tim challenges, they really appeal to me! Seeing your creations and others is a real treat.