Sunday, May 1, 2011

Love Those Flowers

Today I used a Technique Junkie technique called Taffeta Flowers. The Created By Hand challenge is to use ribbon on our artwork and this week Simon Says Stamp and Show some buttons.  I used white taffeta ribbon which I colored with spun sugar distress stain. I'll never buy colored flowers or colored ribbon again. The flower centers are buttons from my button stash. The leaves were die cut using the Tim Holtz Movers and Shakers Leaf and Twig set. The sentiment is from Quietfire.

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the way your ribbon flowers came out! Going to have to check out your button stash! Those are just pefect centers!

Robyn said...

lovely,just lovely
I also only use white ribbon now- the silk that Suzanne sells. I love how it takes the dye.
thanks for sharing with Created Byhand

Candy C said...

Hello! I live your beautiful pink taffeta flowers with the button centers! They are lovely!! Thank you for sharing you art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! XO Candy