Monday, June 6, 2011

Belated Birthday

This card is the result of three challenges. Technique Junkies Try That Technique challenged us to use the Acrylic Emboss technique from the Aug-Sep/2010 newsletter. Tuesday Throwdown's challenge is DIY embellishments and Stampsmith's challenge is birthday.
The background is done using the acrylic emboss technique. The embossing folder is the Regal Flourishes texture trade from Tim Holtz. The stamp is from Stampsmith. Isn't she cool! The sentiment is computer typed. I went "belated" -- my usual style.  The roses are my DIY embellishments. I cut the spiral flower using a Sizzix die and formed them using my quilling tool and tweezers. I added a small pearl for the centers.

2 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
What a striking card.
Thanks for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge and good luck with the Prize Draw.
Wishes
Lynne

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Wow!! Love the background effect and the roses too - they are wonderful! Beautiful result!! Thanks for sharing with us at The Stampsmith Challenge!
Cheers,
Val :)