Saturday, July 9, 2011

Celebrating Liberty

I've been so busy this week with a few major projects and with family obligations, so please bear with me. This will be a multiple post day to catch up. My first card combines three challenges -- Created by Hand (fireworks/metallics), Kraft Journal (patriotic or Americana), and Mojo Monday (a sketch).
I imagine that the red, white, and blue color scheme gave away the patriotic theme. I used a stamp from Judikins for the fireworks and the Statue of Liberty is from the Artistic Outpost stamp sheet She-roes. I love this set and especially this particular stamp. I used metal sheets of red (reverse side silver) and blue to cut the pennant strips and star. I embossed the metal with the Cuttlebug dot folder. The sketch provided by Mojo Monday was a lot of fun to work with. Kraft was used for the base card.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

fun collage with the theme.
Thanks for sharing with Created Byhand.
http://createdbyhandchallenge.wordpress.com/

Charmaine Stack said...

What a great patriotic theme, Barbara! You did a great job with that MOJO sketch, too. I am just starting to you metal on my cards and really enjoying it.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!