Monday, July 25, 2011

Vintage Christmas Card

It's Christmas in July and I'm celebrating with a vintage Christmas card. To create my card I pulled out a favorite Artistic Outpost set of stamps, Snowy Woods. I stamped Santa in sepia on a kraft panel and finished the image using the vintage art technique from the current TJ newsletter. I stamped the snowflakes using fairy dust Creative Inspirations paint. I cut the frame using a Spellbinders die and stenciled the frame using evergreen CI paint. The background paper is from Club Scrap. The base card is kraft to keep with the vintage feel. The jingle bells (my old and unused embellishments) were punched from a punch I have had for years. I covered them with gold glass beads (even older than the punch)
This card meets two of my regular challenge sites.  The Kraft Journal challenge and the challenge at Creative Belli are both Christmas in July.

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome card...

Karen W said...

Very pretty, thanks for playing with Creative Belli!!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!