Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bundle of Mischief.

This card is dedicated to my 11 month old granddaughter, Jayda. This image from Rare Images really reminds me of her and she definitely is a bundle of mischief.
This card meets several challenges. The challenge 113 at Gingersnap Creations is Babes and Tots. I used the sketch from Mojo Monday 204 for the layout. And, the challenge at Creative Belli is gingham. There's lots to talk about so I guess I'll start with the focal image. This little cutie is colored with watercolor pencils. I used  Spellbinders eyelet circles die to frame her. Then for fun I tried the Spirelli technique from the current TJ newsletter, only I varied it by working within the eyelets instead of around the outside edge..
The background is dry embossed to represent gingham. I used white pigment ink on the squares and embossed them with Ranger Antiquities Weathered White embossing powder. The ribbon is also gingham. Creative Belli encourages the use of older or forgotten embellishments. Both the embossing powder (which I had to have, but never used) and the ribbon are items from my past.
The yellow panel is stamped using a commemorative stamp from Stampland which is designed by the artist Scott Helms. (Another had to have item which has been used maybe once. It's a cool stamp though.)
The photo corner (lost for years and recently found) and the sentiment (See-D stamp) finish off the look.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet card!

Lynne Phelps said...

This is WONDERFUL! The image is SO cute and so sweetly colored in her pretty pinks! I know what you mean about had-to-have stamps that rarely see ink. I have decided that I have TWO separate hobbies - COLLECTING stamps and supplies, which is a completely separate hobby from USING them, LOL!!!! The Spirelli technique is fabulous and so interesting, I LOVE it!

Holly said...

How darling!!! I love the sweet little girl and the gingham. Your spirelli work is awesome! I'm glad you played in our Belli Challenge, Barb! :-)

Joan Ervin said...

What a sweet little girl image...she looks adorable and I love the colors you used!!! Thanks for playing in the Creative Belli challenge!!!