Sunday, August 28, 2011

Halloween Fragments

This week has been quite hectic for me. I'm really behind in the regular challenges that I do and today is the deadline for several of them. Oh well, I'll do what I can.
This tag is for the Grungy Monday challenge: Tim Holtz Blog: Transparent Illusions. This blog post talks about different techniques using Tim's fragments. I decided to try the etching technique since I had never tried it before.
My tag was made by weaving orange and black strips together and then cutting the piece using Tim's tag die. The tag was adhered to a manila tag for sturdiness. The tag was dry embossed using one of Tim's Halloween texture fades. I used Tim's Halloween tissue tape around the tag.  I die cut the branch tree out of green cardstock and adhered it to the tag. My two fragments were "etched" with two images from Tim's Halloween stamp line. I used silver copper tape around the fragments.
The sentiment was stamped in Stazon on a metal tag cut with the small tag die which was then edged with tissue tape.
What a fun tag to make. I'm also going to share the tag on Hel's Ink on my fingers which has the challenge of birds.




1 comment:

Hels Sheridan said...

Excellent taggery there Barbara, loving the whole design, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper again x