Thursday, November 17, 2011

Silent night

When Hels (Ink on My Fingers Sunday Challenge) talked about the Trail of the Lonesome Pine as the header in her challenge post, this tree die from Tim Holtz immediately came to mind. The challenge is actually  pine colors and/or pine trees/branches.
To create my card I cut my pine tree from olive cardstock (same as the base card. On a white panel I masked the bottom with a torn paper and stamped the stars background (Stampland) with Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. Over the white bottom I used Rock Candy distress stickles to give the appearance of glittery snow. The words are from Authentique Paper. The tree was adhered and a rhinestone star was added at the top.

2 comments:

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Simply stunning !

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS... love the simplicity of this card hun... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper and sorry I am a little slow coming to visit x