Saturday, December 3, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas -- Day Three

Today's tag from Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas was one (or should I say two) full of inspiration. He used one of his older techniques where you make your own stamp pad colored to fit the stamp. I don't know why I didn't think of this technique when I saw this stamp. It's the perfect technique. What an easy way to color the Season's Silhouettes Christmas stamp with all of the various greetings.  I haven't started my Christmas cards yet, but I think I know what I am going to do. I've got the stamp and ink pad ready to go. Add the heirloom gold Perfect Pearl mist and stamp on Kraft paper; it has the look of vintage, with a minimum of effort. The greenery from the festive greenery die are a great added touch. I love Tim's technique of using alcohol ink to color the bling. I didn't do that on this tag since I had the perfect red gems from the jeweled inspirations collection at Creative Inspirations Paints. I know I will do the alcohol ink on bling in the future. The added bonus from the Day 3 tag is the second tag.

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab take on the tag! Just love the added dimension with the embossing folder!