Monday, December 19, 2011

Vintage Santa

I can't let the Christmas season pass without using a Santa stamp from one of my favorite Christmas stamp sets -- Snowy Woods from Artistic Outpost.
I just love the look of the vintage Santas. On this card I stamped my image in coffee on Kraft cardstock. Using a sea sponge, I sponged winter white Creative Inspirations paint around the snowy areas of the card. Then I sponged tan over the card to get a vintage look. I stamped Santa a second time, cut him out, painted him with fairy dust, and attached him with pop dots over the original Santa.
I layered the image on a black panel. The background panel was created from glassine paper which I crumpled, painted with turquoise CI paint, and highlighted with broken china distress ink. Everything was layerd onto a turquoise card base. The result is a very shimmery, vintage Santa card.
I am entering the following challenges: Ink on My Fingers Sunday Challenge -- Santa Claus, Take a Word -- Sepia, and I Brake for Challenges --vintage.

2 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab card Barbara... thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper.... Happy Christmas!! x

Anonymous said...

hi magicdelights.blogspot.com-ers xmas greetings to you all - matt