Saturday, February 25, 2012

Elegantly Framed

Front

Inside
This week the challenge at Cheery Lynn is frame it. I used the Stand-Alone technique from the February/March 2009 Online Bonus Technique of Technique Junkies to make the card base. I did increase the card size for this project. The card is actually dimensional  as can be seen in this next picture.
 The frame die I used for my card is the Dutch Doily Rectangle Frame. I think it is such an elegant look. I actually cut it a second time to use a part of it as embellishment on the side triangular flaps. Note that I used the inner piece from the cutting of the frame for the inside sentiment on my card. The image and sentiment are from Our Daily Bread Designs. For added embellishment for the frame and image I made roses using the miniature rose die. I cut them from yellow paper and edged them with rusty hinge distress ink. All of the paper used is from Club Scrap.
I am also entering this card in the Our Daily Bread Design challenge which is other than a square or rectangle and the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge which is flowers. (Cheery Lynn dies qualify for the CCnS challenge).

13 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Amazing design, Barbara! Lovely card.

debbie said...

Love your card Barbara.. I think I am going to have to order that frame.. thanks for playing Debbie

Cards By Jan said...

Oh Wow!! This is so elegant, I love your fold, and texture, beautiful use of the grunge cross!! thanks for playing with us! hugs

Celeste Glover said...

Barbara, I like your card very much! I think you have done a lovely job. Thanks for entering the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck!

Sandie said...

Barbara your card is really beautiful, gorgeous details. Thanks for taking part in the Cheery Lynn Designs blog challenge this week and best of luck with the DT call.

Jodi said...

very pretty! Good luck and thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Kianel said...

Beautiful card!Love the frame!
Thanks for joining the Cheery lynn designs challenge this week and good luck!
Love from France, Kianel.

Holly said...

Barbara, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love the frame and the technique you used. The flowers are beautiful! Thanks for playing in the challenge at the Classy Cards 'n Such blog!

Lisa Somerville said...

Just stunning Barb! Fab use of the technique with the ODBD image!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Barbara!! I just love your fold and use of the cross. Gorgeous design!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!!

Beverly Bohannon said...

Barbara - Such an elegant card!!! Thanks for playing along with the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!!

Beverly

Chrissy D said...

GORGEOUS!!! So glad you joined us for the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge this week! Have a great weekend, Baraba!