Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hiking

Today I did a morphed version of the Jenny's Coat technique (Dec 2009/Jan 2010 TJ Newsletter). Instead of patterned paper, I used newspaper. The challenge at Fashionable Stamping is Make it a guy thing. I used a stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms of a man hiking with his dog as my focal image. I stamped it on newspaper using embossing ink and embossed it using clear embossing powder. I used a rainbow pad to brayer the ink over the panel. Of course, the embossed area resisted the ink. The card base front was embossed in a Cuttlebug folder and then highlighted with distress ink. I used a gold outline sticker which I distressed with a black paint dabber for the sentiment and attached faux brads on each side of the image. I think the result is a guy card.
I am also entering my card into the City Crafters challenge which is colors of the rainbow.

9 comments:

Ros said...

What a great technique and your card looks fabulous ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Ephemera said...

Fabulous card, the brayering on the newspaper is stunning, brightened up a dreary day in the UK. Thanks so much for joining us at FSC. XX

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic technique and a great card. Thanks for joining us on FSC this fortnight.

Terry said...

Man and his dog, what could be better? Love the rainbow effect you created and such clever masking! Please to see you at Fashionable Stamping Challenges again!

Claire said...

Fab card, love that technique! Thanks for joining us at FSC and good luck
Claire xx

Ana K. said...

Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Your technique looks amazing. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

СВЕТЛАНА said...

Необычная, чудесная открытка, очень понравилась!

cnelson said...

This is so lovely! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB!