Wednesday, February 29, 2012

UTEE and Idea-Ology - Wearable Art

Today I had a chance to try several techniques that I've always wanted to try, but never did. Simon Says Stamp and Show challenged us to show an Idea-Ology Bonanza. The Ranger Ink  Link February challenge is UTEE. In the past I've seen jewelry made with Idea-Ology pieces. I've wanted to make a necklace for a long time. I've also seen a lot of talk about using a stamp to put a design on UTEE and also about melting UTEE into an opening of a frame. I think the challenge at Grungy Monday helped pull this whole idea together.About this piece--all of the pieces of the necklace from the clasp and chain down to the crown are pieces from Tim Holtz's Idea-Ology line except the UTEE. I was extremely happy that I had the drill punch from Tim so I could put holes into the regal adornments for the jump rings. The UTEE insert is a combination of Iris blue UTEE marbled with pearl and black. I laid the face plate on a stamp (Lisa Pavelka) and poured in the heated UTEE. I love the textured and marbled look.
Today was a great day and I have a piece of jewelry that I can't wait to wear.

2 comments:

Candy C said...

Hi Barbara! Very cool Ideaology piece! I like Tim's link chain! Very cool. Then I like the way you attached the regal wings with jump rings to the ornate plate. Good idea! I also love the regal crown you've added as a pendant. The UTEE insert in the ornate plate looks really cool, too! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

ellen vargo designs said...

Now that's what I call Idea-ology bonanza! YES! I absolutely adore your necklace - thanks so much for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Ellen :)