Thursday, May 10, 2012

On the Sea

This week the challenge for Compendium of Curiosities II is faded layers from p. 43 of Tim's book. I'm excited to report that I received my new seasonal spring distress inks. Of course, I had to try them out right away. Mmmmm delicious colors.  I found the compass mask in my stash and knew immediately that I would use the ship stamp. This is a technique I hadn't tried before. I really like how this technique turned out. All of the stamps, inks, and stencil are from the Tim Holtz line.
Last week I just missed the cut-off time for the challenge. This week I'll just make it. I really don't want to miss the challenges.

3 comments:

sara j said...

Love this!! Your compass is so clear...nice job.

Creative Tara said...

I love the use of that mask with those stamps- great combo! Aren't the new inks fabulous? I love all the shades they create when you mix them, too!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Barbara, this is FAB! I love your use of the new Distress Inks-- this background is just perfect for the ship image, and it's so vibrant and magical. I love this card!