Monday, June 4, 2012

Beauty and the Butterflies

The current challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such had me stumped at first. I have problems with color challenges especially unusual color combinations. I really thought that it would be difficult to combine yellow, orange, and aqua in a card. However, once I got started, it was a great combination. I stamped my image (Great Impressions) on white cardstock and painted it with Creative Inspiration Paints. I do love the shimmer of these paints.
My background was made by using the Cheery Lynn French Lattice large die to cut a sheet of two sided adhesive. I adhered the adhesive die cut to the aqua panel and then added Creative Inspirations Paints glitter to the adhesive. I now had a sparkly aqua background for my card. I added a framing panel to the image in orange. Two yellow and orange butterflies (Cheery Lynn butterflies and angel wing) and a crepe paper flower highlighted with yellow paint (Cheery Lynn miniature rose die) were added to embellish the card. Now here's a card that is bright and cheery.
You can get both Cheery Lynn dies and Spellbinders dies at the Classy Cards 'n Such web site.

1 comment:

Vicki Romaine said...

I really like the image you used.