Friday, June 29, 2012

Celebrate the 4th of July

The 4th of July holiday is upon us and here is a card to celebrate. This week the Bloggers Challenge wants us to celebrate the 4th. Sweet Stamps is looking for a patriotic or summer card. The Artistic Stamper's June challenge is red, white, and blue. To make my card I stamped the July 4th background stamp on a piece of white cardstock using white acrylic paint. The panel was then colored using barn red distress stain. Using a wet cloth, I wiped the distress ink off the letters. I used the letterpress technique by dry embossing the words with the matching texture fade. I die cut the flag and colored it using distress markers. The book panel was cut using a spellbinders die. The pretty corner flowers are from SweetStamps. They are colored using distress markers with the red flowers made with a Viva Decor red paint pen. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz's ChitChat. The rhinestone stars are from my stash.
Hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July.
By the way, I'm sorry about missing last week's challenge. I haven't missed many Bloggers Challenges since I started. I was in Washington DC for a wedding and a little rest and relaxation.

7 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love the embossing with the sponging over it. Hope you had a great vacation!

peggy gatto said...

hooray for the great card!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- the technique for the background I have heard of but never tried- very cool! Love the pretty image! Hope you enjoyed Washington DC- and hope you rested up too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps again- always fun to see your cards Barbara!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Pretty card! Thank you for using a Sweet Stamp. Good luck and thank for joining us at the Sweet Stamp Challenge.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love your design and the idea for the background on your card, awesome technique. Thank you for joining us for SweetStamps.com blog challenge.

Ida said...

Very pretty. I love the background.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful card to celebrate the 4th, love the added highlighting to the embossing folder!