Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Dahling

I seem to be singing the same song the past few posts. Today is June 30 and which means the June monthly challenges are ending. I had to get up early today to finish my Stampsmith challenge card with the theme humorous birthday. I made it with a few hours to go. To make my card I used the sketch challenge from Mojo Monday, although I did turn it on its side. My card features Mae West from Stampsmith's Fame 1. The birthday greeting is also a Stampsmith stamp. The "Age" sentiment is from Club Scrap. All of the die cuts are from Spellbinders. The background paper is My Mind's Eye. The lace is from Classy Cards 'n Such. I did try an experiment on my card. Since I had just tried photo tinting on my Tim Holtz tag yesterday, I wondered if I could use the same technique with a photo stamp. Yes, you can. The only warning is that you must use waterproof ink to stamp the image or it will smudge when you add the distress ink color. Guess how I know that. I used archival ink to stamp the image. If you want to see a demo of photo tinting, check out the June tag on Tim's blog; Tim has a video demo.

2 comments:

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Great sentiment! LOL! I like the shape of the background layer. Thank you for joining us for The Stampsmith Challenge!
Val :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Hahahaha love the sentiment! Great card- love the image too!