Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Life

This month the challenge at Stampendous Impressions is sentiments. Tuesday Throwdown wants to see bold colors this week and Simon Says Stamp and Show has summer distress inks as its challenge.
To make my card, I started by using my ink applicators and adding the three summer distress inks as my background. I just love the bright bold colors. I layered the background on a black panel. I stamped the sentiment (from Club Scrap) on a white piece of cardstock and layered it on a black layer and adhered it to the background. I stamped the butterfly (Stampendous) on the background and slightly over the sentiment with embossing ink. I then embossed the butterfly with black embossing  powder. Rock Candy distress Stickles was used on the butterfly. I love how the butterfly sparkles. A rhinestone flourish finishes off the card front. I then adhered the front to a bright, bold yellow base card.

4 comments:

Candy C said...

Barbara ... your card is very pretty. I like the way you've just run the colors across the cardstock and let them make their bold statement. I also like the sentiment stamped on white and then matted on black. Very effective against the boldness of the summer distress colors. Pretty bling and black embossed butterfly, too. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Cumbrianlass said...

A super card, the colours are bright and bold, but blend beautifuly, and the sentiment is pure poetry, and stands out in black and white.
Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge and good luck
Janet

crafty-stamper said...

love your bold colours and butterfly and the sentiment is beautiful-thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week
carol DT x

Stampendous said...

A very nice card, Barbara! Thanks so much for choosing our Ruffled Butterfly to be your image, together with your Sentiment which is definitely the Focus! We really appreciate you playing with our challenge this month! Best of Luck!