Saturday, September 1, 2012

Back to School Time

Monday is Labor Day. Many kids are already back in school, and the rest should be heading back next week. Two of the challenges I play in have back to school as their theme. So this card will be entered in the Kraft Journal challenge and the Creative Belli challenge.
I enjoyed working on this card. I was able to pull out several items that I hadn't used in ages, if ever. The background panel is the reverse side of a piece of Graphic45 paper from An ABC Primer. I then dry embossed it with an alphabet Cuttlebug folder and highlighted the letters lightly with sage distress ink. Across the top is a piece of washi tape that came from a numbers collection I had bought a long time ago. The image is from Paper Artsy. I had purchased these stamps back when I first discovered vintage and grunge. The sentiment is from Club Scrap and is stamped with paint on a piece of glossy black cardstock. Hope all of our kids (and us too) have a great school year.

1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- and the image!