Monday, September 10, 2012

Nature's Secret


This card almost didn't make it in time for the challenge. The SweetStamps challenge is acetate. I started with a card base and panel with a center cut oval. I decided to use a favorite technique of mine. I stamped my image using a SweetStamps image on a piece of acetate. Then I painted my image on the reverse side. For this card I used Smooch paints. I dry embossed the front panel using a diffuser to leave room for the sentiment.
Now, some words of warning. Don't leave a card to the last day which uses paint on acetate. I had a lot of trouble getting the Smooch to dry. I let it sit for several hours so it would air dry. No luck. I tried using my heat tool gently so that the acetate didn't buckle. It helped, but didn't dry it totally. I finally took a Viva smooth paper towel and gently blotted the paint. It finally dried enough so that the paint didn't smear. The card turned out quite nicely, but it was a struggle.

1 comment:

Terry said...

The flower panel reminds me of stained glass! So pretty!