Thursday, October 4, 2012

Blast from the Past

Once upon a time a long time ago I discovered Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous stamps. For my card today I went back into my stash of early stamps and pulled out two stamps that I acquired about the same time I discovered and met Tim Holtz. I wasn't even sure I could make them work together.  I created this card for the Compendium of Curiosities II challenge which was distress markers from p. 50 of Tim's Book. My card mostly shows the stamping with distress markers that Tim described. Everything stamped was done using this technique. The heart was die cut from grungeboard and then colored using the watercoloring technique. Although it's a little hard to see on the scan, I used tissue tape across the background to frame the 2nd stamp. After coloring the heart, I covered it with rock candy distress dry glitter. I believe that this is the first glitter that I can say I really love. I don't feel that I will be wearing it for weeks after using it, and the effects on artwork are so wonderful.

1 comment:

Danee said...

I love that you used the technique to making something more collage abstract based. Honestly I never even thought to do that. I'm so scared of markers that I just went with straight collaring.

I'm so jealous that you are in Chicago. In fact if you read my blog post you shall see I was there last weekend. I lived there for a year in 1991 and worked at CMH on the oncology unit. Such an awesome town. We were supposed to move back there in 2001- I had a new job at CMH- my dream job actually but then 9/11 happened and my husband was fighter pilot at the time so we were stuck in the Air Force (He flew over Washington DC as part of Noble Eagle and eventually went to war). I had to turn the job down and we need up in Michigan. That was probably TMI for a comment about a card but…that's what I do.