Saturday, March 15, 2014

Birthday Greetings


I am a day late for the Bloggers challenge. I was taking a little R&R for a couple of days. My friend (and college roommate from way, way back) invited me to visit with her in her new home. It was a grown-up sleepover. We had so much fun visiting an art gallery and boutique shopping. Of course, there was good food and maybe even a little wine.
I'm back home and ready to share my latest card. I'm dedicating this card to my two friends, Lisa and Gerrie, who are celebrating their birthdays this weekend. This weeks Bloggers Challenge is  "They say it's your birthday."
I based my layout on the Marks Finest Papers Sketch With a Twist challenge, the twist is to use green. I did turn the sketch on its side.
To make my card, I started with the background panel. I used a bubbles stencil and sprayed it with several colors of Dylusions sprays. Then I embossed the panel with the candles. I highlighted the candles with iced spruce distress ink. The candle is Tim Holtz's cupcake minus the candle (too tall for the card). I substituted a strawberry (Kitchen Sink Stamps) on the top. The cupcake wrapper is paperpieced. The frosting is covered with sprinkles --well, glass glitter and distress rock candy glitter.
Lisa and Gerrie, I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are!

2 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Very creative with the strawberry! Colorful and cute card. Thank you for playing along with us at MFP Sketch With a Twist Challenge.

Christine said...

Cool birthday card. That strawberry is spookily realistic. Thanks so much for sharing with us on MFP's Sketch with a Twist.