Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Face of a Friend

I was really happy to see this week's theme at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. It is about a face. I have been wanting to use this Andy Skinner stencil for some time now. This was the perfect challenge for it. My background panel is another piece from a recent gelli plate printing. I added a layer of picket fence stain over the print to lighten it a little and then some spun sugar distress stain to bring out the pinks. I used one of Tim Holtz's shadow press words as the sentiment. It was a little hard to stop there, but I was afraid that adding any more elements would detract from the overall effect.  I layered the piece on a black panel and then on a pink card. I really like the effect.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful! Amazing texture! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Love this!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)