Friday, August 8, 2014

A Boy and His Dog

It's Bloggers Challenge time again and this week the theme is Dog Days of summer. I went with the dog idea and used this adorable Stampsmith stamp of a boy and his dog. The image was colored using distress markers and some colored pencils. My sentiment is part of a Cornish Heritage Farms Stamp. My background is from my Gelli plate. I used various shades of distress paint. Then I used a stencil and stencil paste to add the dots. I kind of thought they looked a little like dog prints. Over the entire background I added distress stain. As a finishing embellishment I wrapped twine around the panel to keep it boyish.
 I am also entering this card into these challenges: Fashionable Stamping -- child's play; and Cornish Heritage Farms -- use three different mediums (paint, stain, embossing paste, markers, colored pencils).

1 comment:

Mrs.B said...

This is such a lovely card and a wonderful image, so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC.
Avril