Sunday, August 24, 2014

Two Together

Those of you who know me know that I love to make ATC's. I don't make them a lot anymore, but when A Vintage Journey challenged us to make an ATC Tim style, I was thrilled. For those who don't know, an ATC (artist trading card) is a piece of art that is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches in size. It can not be sold, only traded or given away.
Enough background... My theme is based on the inspiration photo challenge (left) at City Crafter. The technique I used for my ATC  is based on Tim's August tag of the month. Tissue tape is used to create an area for the stamp image. My image is from an old Tim Holtz stamp cube that I have had since the beginning of time. The background is embossing paste and stencils with distress stains for color. The sentiment is from Tim's alphaparts framed which I grunged up with distress paints.

I am also entering my ATC in these other challenges: Tuesday Throwdown -- furry friends (love that adorable puppy);Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- anything goes; and Artistic Stamper -- anything goes.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful card!

S@ndy Diller said...

Love your ATC. The colors are so lively and the texture, spot on.
Like how you provided some info for the new comers. Thanks for traveling with us here at A Vintage Journey.

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I love that stamp, Barbara! What a great ATC bit of art. We're really happy to see you playing along in our Furry Friends challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw and we hope to see you in another of our challenges again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Anna-Karin said...

Very sweet ATC! Great colours and design. Thank you for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!!

Unknown said...

Adorable!!!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

What a wonderful ATC ... beautifully done ... I'm in awe! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Anonymous said...

What a FUN ATC !! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Great ATC card. I am not into the ATC cards but this one is great. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week.
Linda K. DT

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love this ATC - funky, bright colours, great stencilled textures, and those altered alpha parts look amazing. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x