Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy Halloween

Please don't think me weird, but I'm in a happy place because I am making Halloween cards this year. I'm not really a Halloween fanatic, but I love the fun that surrounds this holiday. As you may recall, last year I had health issues all during the fall season. I had new Halloween stamps and dies, but could never use them. This year I'm in the fun Halloween zone.
The base card is kraft cardstock. I then used a pewter backing panel. The background is orange cardstock with spider webs die cut from the pewter cardstock. The Halloween wreath and raven are cut from dark brown cardstock. The sentiment panel is orange cardstock with the sentiment in deep purple. All of the die cuts are done with Cheery Lynn dies.

I am entering my card into these challenges: Cheery Lynn Designs -- Halloween; Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- falling in love...with Halloween die cuts; Kraft Journal Monday -- no pattern paper; and SweetStamps -- dies.

6 comments:

Olga Direktorenko said...

That is a beautiful card! I love the style and colors.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like this for the colors you used. Especially like the wreath/raven die.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

shulsart said...

Barbara, what a great card. The two borders make a fabulous background! Glad you are enjoying this Halloween season. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

~Tammy~ said...

This is a spooky awesome treat and I am so happy you shared it with us at The Kraft Journal for the "The No Patterned Paper" challenge this week. Thank you for joining in the fun!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a fabulous card! You've used those great traditional Halloween colors, yet you've made this card look totally chic and modern. I love the spiderweb background and the wreath with the bird is genius! I also liked how you included that pewter color to give it even more visual interest. Wonderful work and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Debbie's Time Out said...

Wow Barbara. I really like this combo of dies. The spiderweb fFor that twiggy wreath and bird. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.