Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Decor

I've been missing from Blogland for quite some time. Family matters have taken a lot of my time. My entry for Bloggers Challenge, although a bit late this month, is an example of what has kept me busy.The challenge this week is ornaments. My grandson (3rd grade) also needed ornaments to help decorate his classroom. So we spent some nana/grandson quality time making ornaments. The balls are made with clear floor wax and glitter. They are so easy to make, even an eight year old boy can do it. The stars are made using the Tim Holtz ruler texture fade. I must thank Shelly Hickox (Stamptramp) for the basic idea. When I saw her ornaments, a lightbulb popped in my head. I knew they would be the perfect ornament for a classroom. I cut the strips and punched the holes for the brads. My grandson inked the raised parts of the embossed rulers and inserted the brads. We had a fun afternoon making ornaments and the classroom got some pretty cool ornaments.

No comments: